Hear more on this topic at our November 7 webinar (space is limited—register now) featuring best-selling author Michael J. Nick and myself as we discuss facing—and overcoming—the myths and lies of B2B sales and marketing. Sales says… “A demo will…
Study shows Sales wants MORE from Marketing
Demand Creation • August 17, 2010
CSO Insights invests a great deal of time surveying the sales profession across a wide range of organizations globally. One of the areas they drill down on is Lead Generation. Their latest 2010 Lead Generation Study finds:
- Over 49% of marketers report that 25% or less of the deals closed resulted from marketing-generated leads.
- 49% of marketers said that sales would say the quality of their leads needs improvement.
- 60% of them said that sales would say the quantity of leads generated needs improvement.
- More than 54% of marketers say that less than 50% of leads result in a first call.
- Over 65% of marketers say lead scoring is informal or nonexistent.
At first blush, the numbers don’t seem to tell a story different from previous years results. The one area that is new is the concept of lead scoring. As the relationship between Marketing and Sales continues to evolve, the sophistication with which they partner is evolving too. Rather than the binary good/bad feedback from days past, today’s lead feedback loop is growing much more complex through lead scoring. By creating a relative ranking for leads based on how close they come to the “ideal customer” attributes, it helps everyone involved in the process to optimize their efforts in generating and developing more “ideal” leads.
When feedback is measured in a more finite and objective fashion, it is received more positively and more importantly, it can be used to improve future outcomes.
Know the best time’s to reach out to prospects with Moment of Interest alerts
Summit Group CEO Phil Styrlund Joins OppSource Board of Directors
Press Releases • August 15, 2017
OppSource Hires Former Jamf Director to Lead, Build Application Development Team
Press Releases • July 24, 2017
5 Ways to Accelerate Sales Results with Email Tracking
Uncategorized • July 20, 2017